Few events in life produce the level of stress that a divorce can cause. As you shape your new life, there are many decisions to be made — decisions that will be authorized in legal documents and could be difficult to change at a later date.
Whether it is a contested or uncontested divorce, it's important to have strong legal advice and guidance from the outset. I'm Oklahoma City family divorce lawyer Natalie Mai, founding attorney at Duo Law Firm, P.L.L.C. I will take the time to listen to your hopes for getting through this challenging ordeal. Along the way, I will explain each of your options completely, and I'll help you efficiently execute fair and binding agreements.
I represent individuals in matters involving:
- Child support — In every case, I put the highest priority on what is best for a divorcing couple's children. That's at the forefront of every decision.
- Child custody and visitation — I will be a strong advocate for you in protecting your parental rights.
- Property division — Overseeing fair and equitable division of property and all other assets, plus mortgage and other debt.
- Spousal support — I can help you petition the court for spousal support or fight against it.
- Modifications — A change in a divorced parent's circumstances could necessitate modifying such things as child support or visitation.
Divorce cases are fact intensive. I will help you assemble the proper documentation to ensure that you receive a fair outcome. Often, I'm able to help my clients reach agreements without going to court. However, if a fair settlement cannot be reached amicably, I will advocate aggressively for you in court.
Caring Legal Support for Your Important Family Decisions
Of course, families run into situations other than divorce that require legal representation. I also counsel individuals on paternity, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, adoption, guardianships and some estate planning matters.
If you have questions for a Norman divorce alimony lawyer or need an attorney for any family law matter, you can get a lot of them answered in a free initial consultation. Call 405-600-3476 or e-mail me to schedule an appointment.
All major credit cards accepted. Evening and weekend appointments available.